- Yogi, mystic and visionary, Sadhguru request followers on ShareChat to contribute Cauvery Calling campaign
- Cauvery Calling is aimed at revitalising Cauvery river by planting more trees and transform the lives of 84million people
ShareChat India?s leading regional social platform with over 60 million monthly active users, launched three different campaigns??#Cauvery calling?, ?#Water a plant? and ?#How to conserve water??from 7th?September 2019 onwards to raise awareness in support of the ongoing movement to rejuvenate Cauvery river, an initiative started by Isha Foundation and Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev.
With each campaign hashtag, ShareChat has taken an enormous step in making its existing and new users cognizant about the environmental issues and prevent measures. ShareChat urged users to share video in line with the Cauvery calling anthem and hashtag ?#Cauvery calling?. Adding another layer, ShareChat proposed users to plant more tress and water the ones in their vicinity with ?#Water a plant??and finally with ?#How to conserve water??hashtag users shared videos on the numerous methods and approaches to conserve water.
ShareChat?s initiative has received an overwhelming response from users. On the platform during the campaign period 20th?September onwards more than 32,000 user conversations were generated regarding the restoration of Cauvery river and other Indian rivers. Additionally, all three campaigns were trending on the platform with more than 18Million video views, more than 1.4lakh shares.
The simplest way to make Cauvery flow again is to plant trees. Cauvery Calling will support farmers to plant 242 crore trees in Cauvery basin by adopting agroforestry.
This will have the triple benefit of
- Improving soil health by replenishing organic content in the soil
- Reviving the river and groundwater levels by increasing water retention in Cauvery basin by an estimated 40%
- Augmenting farmer income through agroforestry, proven to increase farmers? incomes 300-800% in 5-7 years